Sunday, May 27, 2007

Tagged: A Perfect Introduction

I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever come up with an initial post and then I got tagged by Shelly to participate in the 7 random things meme. What could be a more ideal reason to get started than a "you're it?" So, here it goes! Seven very random things about me:

1) I often stay up too late at night for no particularly good reason. During the work week I can suppress the urge to stay up, but on weekends it's not so easy.

2) I enjoy spending time a the beach, but never venture beyond waist-high water in the ocean. I am not a very proficient swimmer and fear getting pulled out into a strong current or rip tide.

3) I am intrigued by nearly all things Scottish, which undoubtedly has to do with the academic year I spent abroad in Dundee, Scotland. I enjoy the sound of bagpipes and have eaten haggis (but would not make a habit of it).

4) My favorite dessert is a slice of chocolate layer cake with chocolate fudge icing. (A close second is a stack of Oreos with a glass of milk.)

5) I’ve never been stung by a bee and dread the first time it happens.

6) Since childhood my favorite color has been purple.

7) I love watching my kids sleep peacefully at night. During the day they are such busy little people and in a state of slumber they are irresistibly angelic.

Learn anything new? I am surprised by how many other random things were brought to mind when I thought about these seven. Maybe one day I'll attempt a Top 20 list.

As a newbie my reach in the blogosphere is somewhat limited so for now I will begin with one tag to Mary Beth. --"Tag, you're it!"--

7 random things meme rules:

List 7 random things about yourself

Tag 7 other people

Direct them to your blog so they can see the rules

1 comment:

Shelly said...

It was fun to think of things for that, things that weren't totally mundane and that even people who know you probably didn't know.

you forgot to include that you don't like bananas! Or is that changed now?